Hill Leisure Complex, Hudsons Walk, Rochdale, Lancs OL11 5EF
30 hours per week
06:30 – 22:30, 5 days over 7 to include Public Holidays and Weekends on a 3 week rolling rota
Fitness Instructors, Receptionist, Fitness Class Instructors during
To supervise the day to day operation of Oulder Hill Leisure Complex to
ensure the effective delivery of front line services in accordance with
company procedure and to manage the Centre in the absence of a Duty
16:00 on 26th June 2015
A vacancy has arisen within GFM Ltd for a Leisure Supervisor at Oulder
Hill Leisure Complex. You will be expected to work 30 hours per week
(Mon-Sun 6:30-22:30 on a three week rolling rota to include early
shifts, late shifts, weekends and Public Holidays), however some
flexibility will be required. The position is for a Leisure Supervisor
to supervise a team of lifeguards, fitness instructors and
receptionists during the day to day operation of Oulder Hill Leisure
Complex. The facilities include a 25m swimming pool, learner pool,
fitness suite, sauna, steam room and sports facilities including
badminton courts, squash courts and astroturf pitch.
The successful applicant must:-
• Have previous supervisory experience of working in a wet and dry Leisure Centre environment.
• Hold a Pool Plant Operators Level three qualification
• Ability to communicate clearly with a wide range of people at all levels (orally and written).
• To lead by example and be able to work as part of a team as well as under own initiative.
• Ability to remain calm in emergency situations as well as possessing strong leadership skills.
• Have good IT skills.
• A good understanding of current legislation within the leisure industry.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Commitment to first class service delivery.
• Strong organisational skills and ability to work to a deadline
• Experience of cash handling and reconciling money.
In addition, it would be beneficial, but not essential, to:-
• Hold a current 3 day First Aid at Work qualification
• Hold a current RLSS National Pool Lifeguard qualification
• Hold a Level 2 or 3 qualification in fitness instructing
• Hold relevant skills, in other leisure disciplines
Appointment is subject to satisfactory CRB clearance and references
A job description can be found below. Applications are available via
e-mail, CV’s may be submitted. Only successful applicants will be
To supervise staff during a designated shift to ensure the
effective and efficient delivery of the service to include absence
monitoring and customer complaints.
To act as a key holder, opening and securing the site in line with
company procedure. Maintaining the security of the facility and
associated equipment to protect the company assets.
To work as an effective team member maintaining our Quest accreditation
and increasing our overall score with continues improvement.
To maintain accurate records in line with company procedure.
To report faults promptly via the Duty Manager.
To analyse the results from the pool water tests taken by staff.
To ensure correct pool water treatment regimes are being adhered to.
To deliver good housekeeping to the required standards of cleanliness.
To assist in programming of activities and the promotion of Oulder Hill Leisure Complex.
Maintain and develop good working relationships with both internal and
external customers including public, clubs and contractors.
To deal with emergencies that may occur in line with company policy.
To undertake other related duties and responsibilities that are reasonable requests.
Post is subject to the Criminal Records Bureau checking process.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected
to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within
the organisation and the overall business objectives of the