Hill Leisure Complex, Hudsons Walk, Rochdale, Lancs OL11 5EF
37.5 hours per week
£7.06-£7.20 per hour subject to NLW
06:30 – 22:30, 5 days over 7
to include Public Holidays and Weekends on a 3 week rolling rota
Duty Manager and Shift Supervisors
Own working practice, supervision of members using the gym
the day to day operation of the Leisure Centre. Supervision of members
using the fitness suite, providing support, information
and ensuring a high level of customer care at
all times.. To encourage a workplace culture that contributes to the
of continuous improvement.
This role offers:
Free gym membership at Oulder Hill Leisure Complex.
A vacancy has arisen within GFM Ltd for a Fitness Instructor at Oulder
Hill Leisure Complex. You will be expected to work 37.5 hours per week
(Mon-Sun 6:30-22:30 on a three week rolling rota to include early
shifts, late shifts, weekends and Public Holidays), however some
flexibility will be required. The facilities include a 25m swimming
pool, learner pool, fitness suite, sauna, steam room and sports
facilities including badminton courts, squash courts and astroturf
The successful applicant must:-
• Hold a current YMCA or NVQ Gym Instructor Level 2
• Hold a current CYQ Exercise to Music
• Hold a current Circuit Training Level 2
• Have previous experience of working in a public or private sector leisure centre.
• Have a keen interest in sport and leisure and the desire to succeed within the leisure industry
• Have exceptional standards of personal presentation
• Possess outstanding customer service attributes
• Be able to communicate with a wide range of people effectively at all levels
• Be able to work in a busy environment
• Be able to work as part of a team
• Have a pleasant friendly personality
• Have a flexible approach to work
In addition, it would be beneficial, but not essential, to:-
• Hold a current Nutrition & Weight Management qualification
• Hold a current Level 3 Personal Training qualification
• Hold a current Community Sports Leader Award
• Hold a Coaching qualification ie: FA Football Coaching 2
• Hold a current 3 day First Aid at Work qualification
• Hold a current RLSS National Pool Lifeguard qualification
• Hold relevant skills, in other leisure disciplines
Appointment is subject to satisfactory CRB clearance and references.
A job description can be found below. Applications are available via
e-mail, CV’s may be submitted. Only successful applicants
will be contacted.
Physically fit with a demonstrable passion for Leisure industry.
Outstanding customer service and communication skills.
Willing to accept additional training as required.
Induct all gym users effectively and in a timely/professional fashion.
Ensure all member and visitor needs are met as per company standard.
Ensure fitness classes are held in appropriate venues and advertise disciplines are taught professionally.
Design suitable exercise programmes.
Provide trained assistance/advice to customers using the facilities.
Deal with member enquiries.
Adhere to Data Protection Act 1998.
Ability to hold an audience and talk aloud in group exercise.
Ensure that all equipment is checked daily and maintained.
Maintain accurate stock records of re-sale items.
Clean and maintain the internal areas of the centre to a high standard following health and safety procedures at all times.
Adhere to daily cleaning rotas thereby ensuring that cleanliness standards on site are maintained to an exceptional standard
To report to the Duty Manager immediately any issues with the building or fabrics of the building.
Assist in the positive marketing and promotion of the facility for company financial gain on and off site.
Ensure all security measures are adhered to at all times.
To set up and take down equipment as required.
To follow all GFM Limited and Quest practices, policies and procedures, ensuring all records are kept up to date.
To report to the Duty Manager immediately any issues with the building or fabric of the building
This post is subject to the Criminal Records Bureau checking process.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected
to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within
the organisation and the overall business objectives of the